Protecting our workplace, the place that gives us our bread and butter is something we should not take lightly. We wish for only the best security measures to ensure the safety of our valuables, be it the work equipment or cash. Hiring security guards is a thing of the past with the rising cost of the human resource. Technology has come to the rescue of those wanting for an adequate security for their commercial property in the form of an intruder alarm system. With a simple system comprising of sensors and a control panel directly linked to a central monitoring system, this is the most cost-effective solution to anyone’s need for commercial security.
However, one needs to be careful when choosing a commercial alarm system or even a home intruder alarm system for that matter.
Here are five tips that will help you select the best security system for your business premises:
- One thing that you must not compromise on is the kind of monitoring system that the company offers. An attempt at a robbery may happen in broad daylight or in the middle of the night. Hence, it becomes crucial that when your intruder alarm is triggered, there is an experienced person on the monitoring team who is going to immediately alert and mobilise the emergency response services such as the police and direct them towards your commercial premises. Any delay will end up in loss of crucial action time in which the potential malefactor may get away.
- You never know when you may expand your commercial space. That’s why keep in mind the increase in the number of sensors you’ll need to cover the whole premise in the future. Choose a package that allows you to upgrade the system and accommodate the number of sensors you’ll need without having to overhaul the whole system.
- Always check the reviews of the product from multiple sources. Check the official website, online retail stores, people in your social circle who may have used the product for reviews. Similar reviews from numerous sources point to the credibility of the product. Furthermore, understand the reputation of the brand or company that sells the electronic intruder alert systems. Brands such as Eurovigil that have been in the market for a long time are a good bet when it comes to quality products.
- Always, always opt for professional installation of the security system. Be it 2 or 20 sensors, allow a professional expert to install the pieces as an improper installation by a novice will render the whole system useless.
- Buy a product that comes with a simple warranty or guarantee. You don’t want to spend weeks just running after the company trying to get them to replace the product all the while leaving your commercial premises unguarded.
Invest wisely, as preventing theft at your commercial premises will be much easier than getting insurance payment in case anything goes wrong.